Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ah, the Eighties: Rick Astley

I'm here at the library with the kiddies and while they are playing I thought I would check out a few things on the internet... my fickle youth to be exact. I'm one of the only people I know who will freely admit that she used to listen to ... gasp ...Rick Astley. I still have his tape. I know, but old habits won't die. And he really does have a nice voice. Surprise, surprise but he has his own website. Now, I'm wondering what everyone else from the eighties is doing? If you want to check out his latest stuff take a look here. (Go on now, you know you want to!)
http://www.rickastley.co.uk/

2 comments:

Jebb said...

Nothing to be ashamed of there -- those were some nicely done pop songs, and two of them deservedly went to #1. I even have, um, more than one of his albums.

http://thejebber.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It wasn't all that long ago that "Classic Rock" was the highlights of the 60's and 70's... bands that actally had talent and didn't need to rely on the 'music video' for popularity. All of a sudden, 80's music came back into vogue and there are entire radio stations dedicated to the stuff.

I love some of the songs from that decade... some were legitimately musically talented... many were not! But alas, in a digital world it doesn't take long for these 80's re-runs to hit the bigtime once more. Thanks, Cara, for all the memories... now supposing we talk about all those good show-tunes artists, like Barry Manilow!