Thursday, March 02, 2006

CBC.ca - Arts - Photo Gallery The Academy Awards

CBC.ca - Arts - Photo Gallery

Ahhh...It is almost time for the event I love to hate ... the Academy Awards. Every year it gets harder for me to believe their claims that five movies are the best in the world in almost every catagory. Secretly, I think the executives get together, assemble four not so big box office takers, one larger picture, make sure they are of a serious nature then just give awards for whatever they think is politically interesting at the time. A few great performances get through because they cannot be ignored, but largely, it just means that you were in the right place at the right time. Take a peek at these pictures showing the Academy's more silly moments. And yes, I'll likely watch as I love to hear what people have to say for themselves and what they are wearing. Then I like to picture them doing rigourous housework.

No comments: