Go to an expensive furniture store with my brother. Sit on all the sofas and:
- Pretend that we are watching a sports channel. Complete with shouting,cheering and ‘channel changing’.
- Rearrange the coffee tables so that our pretend drinks are within reach.
- Make comments like: “Lay down on it, ‘Bob’. Stretch right out and see if it’s long enough for a good nap.”
- Convince the salesman to take off his shoes and sit with us on a three seater sofa. Discuss the fine points of "Does it really seat three people?"
- Purchase the most beautiful, wonderful sofa and say, "Ship it!"
Get an ice cream truck for my house. A real ice cream and gelato truck. I don’t want to gain a ton of weight though, so here’s my plan.
- The driver of the ice cream truck would drive around the block.
- My family and I would chase it.
- When the truck has completed a full curcuit we can all have an ice cream.
Hire someone to do some of the household things I hate to do.
- One person would follow my children around and say things like. “Pick that up. Don’t leave that there. Quit hitting your sister.”
- Another person would be in charge of the bathroom. Someone comes out; they go in and clean up. They would also hand out scented towels and do foot massages.
Time share a jet plane so I could fly the whole family to such exotic locations as:
- My brother’s backyard (wouldn’t he be surprised!)
- A sausage festival in Germany, Lobster Dinner with Anne in PEI, and crème Brule wherever they are famous for that.
- Anywhere there’s a theatre production I want to see. Nothing too weird. Must have good snacks. Every weekend.
A tiny, clean house out back that is very, very quiet for writing. And well-insulated. What can I say, with a million dollars I shouldn’t have to feel the cold.
So, as you can see, I would probably not make a great millionaire. However, I would have a lot of fun! Let me know what you would do!